Media on our campus is coordinated centrally. If you are contacted by any member of the media (including student media), please follow the guidelines below.
- Please collect information about the details of the request.
- Ask for the reporter's timeline and best contact information and reply with a "we will get back to you as soon as possible."
- Forward request, contact information, and timeline in an email to Lauren Stanfield and Jenn Sims with any details that would be helpful. Feel free to call if it seems urgent.
- You will be given a confirmation to respond or we may choose to have someone else respond if it's more appropriate.
- If you are the one responding, you may ask for the reporter to provide questions ahead of time and respond via email if you are more comfortable.
- Often times we will consult with University Public Relations staff for direction. This will be managed by Lauren Stanfield and Jenn Sims. If you are unable to reach Lauren or Jenn and the matter seems urgent, please contact Kay Jarvis.
- If we decide to deny a request for some reason, someone from University Public Relations will follow up with you.
Quick Quack Student E-news
Quick Quack is the official student e-news. It notifies students about what is going on around campus that week, connects them with resources, and reminds them of important dates. The email is sent to all Eugene-based students on Thursdays and all content is tweet-style in length. We do a reduced number of sends during the summer term. Content is selected on the following criteria:
- Event is open to most or all students
- Event is posted on the official UO calendar
- Event is an official university-sanctioned or -sponsored event (typically on campus)
- Event supports academic and diversity missions of the university
- Information is critical to student success
- Information is required to notify students
- Information has a redirect to learn more
- Information connects students to a sense of belonging
We will not include information that:
- promotes human research
- promotes a specific major or minor (unless it is a brand new announcement)
- promotes student surveys unless approved by vice president for university communications
- promotes events with limited capacity
- promotes a business or product unless a contract is signed with the university (certain restrictions apply)
- announces finalists or winners for awards and scholarships
For past examples of Quick Quacks visit our archive page. There is not a list serve for employees to receive the email. Please check the archive page on Thursday for a copy of the emails.