Media on our campus is coordinated centrally. If you are contacted by any member of the media (including student media), please follow the guidelines below.
- Please collect information about the details of the request.
- Ask for the reporter's timeline and best contact information and reply with a "we will get back to you as soon as possible."
- Forward request, contact information, and timeline in an email to Kay Jarvis in University Communications with any details that would be helpful. Feel free to call if it seems urgent.
- You will be given a confirmation to respond or we may choose to have someone else respond if it's more appropriate.
- If you are the one responding, you may ask for the reporter to provide questions ahead of time and respond via email if you are more comfortable.
- If we decide to deny a request for some reason, someone from University Communications will follow up with you directly.
Quick Quack Student E-news
Quick Quack is the official student e-news. It notifies students about what is going on around campus that week, connects them with resources, and reminds them of important dates. The email is sent to all Eugene-based students on Thursdays and all content is tweet-style in length. We do a reduced number of sends during the summer term. Content is selected on the following criteria:
- Event is open to most or all students
- Event is posted on the official UO calendar
- Event is an official university-sanctioned or -sponsored event (typically on campus)
- Event supports academic and diversity missions of the university
- Information is critical to student success
- Information is required to notify students
- Information has a redirect to learn more
- Information connects students to a sense of belonging
- Information supports a harm-reduction strategy to engage with events during higher risk times (Thursday–Saturday evenings)
We will not include information that:
- promotes human research
- promotes a specific major or minor (unless it is a brand new announcement)
- promotes student surveys unless approved by vice president for university communications
- promotes events with limited capacity
- promotes a business, event, or product unless a contract is signed with the university (certain restrictions apply)
- announces finalists or individual winners for awards and scholarships
For past examples of Quick Quacks visit our archive page.
There is not a list serve for employees to receive the email. Please check the archive page on Thursday for a copy of the email that was sent out.