Media on our campus is coordinated centrally. If you are contacted by any member of the media (including student media), please follow the guidelines below.
- Please collect information about the details of the request.
- Ask for the reporter's timeline and best contact information and reply with a "we will get back to you as soon as possible."
- Forward request, contact information, and timeline in an e-mail to Katy George and Tobin Klinger with any details that would be helpful. Feel free to call if it seems urgent.
- You will be given a confirmation to respond or we may choose to have someone else respond if it's more appropriate.
- If you are the one responding, you may ask for the reporter to provide questions ahead of time and respond via e-mail if you are more comfortable.
- Often times we will consult with University Public Relations staff for direction. This will be managed by Katy George. If you are unable to reach Katy and the matter seems urgent, please contact Tobin Klinger.
- If we decide to deny a request for some reason, someone from University Public Relations will follow up with you.